Recipe by little_chef
This is such a great recipe. It was originally had just tomatoes in it but I doctored it up a little bit to make it my own! Enjoy!
Top Review by Shelby L.
Used dried basil red orange and yellow bell peppers garlic olive oil tomatoes and mozzarella... added chicken to the mix and a dash of Italian dressing... omg tastes amazing over penne pasta. Quick easy and looks like I made an effort... this recipe is mom approved in my book :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut red peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut yellow peppers
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil (cut)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- rotini pasta (enough for 4) or penne (enough for 4)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vegetables, basil, garlic,oil and pepper.
- Leave to marinate until everything else is ready.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add vegetables (undrained) and cheese.
- Mix and cover until cheese has melted.
- Place in desired pasta bowl and serve while hot!
- Relax and enjoy!
- Tip: Goes well with baguette sticks!