Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is such a great recipe. It was originally had just tomatoes in it but I doctored it up a little bit to make it my own! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut red peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut yellow peppers
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil (cut)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- rotini pasta (enough for 4) or penne (enough for 4)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Combine vegetables, basil, garlic,oil and pepper.
- Leave to marinate until everything else is ready.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add vegetables (undrained) and cheese.
- Mix and cover until cheese has melted.
- Place in desired pasta bowl and serve while hot!
- Relax and enjoy!
- Tip: Goes well with baguette sticks!
Used dried basil red orange and yellow bell peppers garlic olive oil tomatoes and mozzarella... added chicken to the mix and a dash of Italian dressing... omg tastes amazing over penne pasta. Quick easy and looks like I made an effort... this recipe is mom approved in my book :)
Great recipe! But I personally found it a little too light so I added about a half can of tomato sauce and just about as much water (I eye-balled it, really) after draining and combining the veggies. After it was back at a boil, I let it simmer for a few minutes, stand to thicken, and finally added the cheese. My picky mother loved it!
Yummy! This recipe had loads of flavour & lots of colour - all round great recipe. I did, however, serve it cold for a family bbq. I rinsed the rotini (I used 6 cups dry pasta)& waited until it was completely cold before adding Tex-Mex cheese. I was unable to get fresh basil so I used 1 tsp of dried. I made this salad the night before.