Recipe by MaMoms
This was one of the recipes my mother-in-law passed down to me when I got married and it's SOOOOO good! Very easy to prepare and tastes even better the next day. I usually vacuum seal the left overs and freeze for another night. My Mother-in-Law uses 2 cloves of garlic, I use 4 or 5. A family favorite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 white onions, diced
- 2 large pepperoni, chunked
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depending on taste)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce (we use Borilla Roasted Garlic)
- 24 ounces water (I swish around the marinara jar)
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white beans (or Northern Beans)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) box orecchiette
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot brown onions, peperoni and garlic in olive oil (I toss ingredients in as I chop, starting with onions and ending with garlic so it doesn't burn.) until onions are translucent and almost cooked.
- Add marinara sauce, water, beans (I add whole can but my sister-in-law drains them, personal preference) & Italian seasoning. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Will have a soup consistency. Simmer at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, boil water and prepare desired noodles per box instructions. You can substituted spiral, macaroni, etc. Oreccheitte can be hard to find.
- Serve fazul over pasta when ready to enjoy!