1/1 Photo of Pasta Fazul
This was one of the recipes my mother-in-law passed down to me when I got married and it's SOOOOO good! Very easy to prepare and tastes even better the next day. I usually vacuum seal the left overs and freeze for another night. My Mother-in-Law uses 2 cloves of garlic, I use 4 or 5. A family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 white onions, diced
- 2 large pepperoni, chunked
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depending on taste)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce (we use Borilla Roasted Garlic)
- 24 ounces water (I swish around the marinara jar)
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white beans (or Northern Beans)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) box orecchiette
- 1In a large pot brown onions, peperoni and garlic in olive oil (I toss ingredients in as I chop, starting with onions and ending with garlic so it doesn't burn.) until onions are translucent and almost cooked.
- 2Add marinara sauce, water, beans (I add whole can but my sister-in-law drains them, personal preference) & Italian seasoning. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. Will have a soup consistency. Simmer at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3In the meantime, boil water and prepare desired noodles per box instructions. You can substituted spiral, macaroni, etc. Oreccheitte can be hard to find.
- 4Serve fazul over pasta when ready to enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Fazul
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 467.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: