Recipe by dojemi
This is really a spectacular dessert for Passover. Will get plenty of rave reviews.
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 pint heavy sweet cream
- 1 (10 ounce) canpassover macaroons
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 8 teaspoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the ice cream.
- Whip cream.
- Crumble macaroons.
- Mix all together with the 1/3 cup of orange juice.
- Pour into a large (10") spring-form pan and top with the almonds.
- Place in freezer until 15 minutes before serving.
- Remove sides of spring-form pan and place on serving dish.
- For sauce: Heat strawberries and the 8 teaspoons of orange juice until they come to a boil.
- Spoon strawberry sauce over each serving.