Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Amanda, totally yummy!
Make and share this Passover Absolutely Magnificent Caramel Matzoh Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a cookie sheet completely with foil. Cover bottom of pan completely with parchment-- on top of the foil. This is very important as mixture becomes sticky during cooking. Line bottom of pan evenly with matzo crackers, cutting extra pieces as necessary to fit into the baking pan as evenly as possible.
- Combine margarine or butter and brown sugar in a 3 quart, heavy bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour over matzo.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce heat to 350. Bake 15 minutes, checking every few minutes to make sure the mixture is not burning (if it seems to be browning too quickly, remove from oven, lower heat to 325 and replace).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle matzo crackers immediately with chopped chocolate or chips. Let stand 5 minutes then spread melted chocolate over matzo. While still warm, cut into squares or odd shapes. Chill in refrigerator until set.
- This makes a great gift.
- You can also serve it in confectioner's paper cups as a candy.
- You can use white chocolate coarsely chopped (or both white and dark chopped) with toasted almonds.