Recipe by Muffin Goddess
Not sure where this one came from, but it's another recipe I had saved in my catch-all foodstuff file on my computer.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) jarpassionfruit jelly
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (can use lemon peel instead)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (can use lemon instead)
- 2 tablespoons fruit juice (you can use juice to complement the citrus peel used, or even passionfruit nectar, which can be foun)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, 1 cup water, jelly and citrus peel. Mix according to package directions.
- Bake cake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes, or until a tester inserted in cake comes out with only a few moist crumbs on it. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then carefully invert cake onto a serving platter.
- While cake is cooling, make glaze by mixing sifted powdered sugar and desired citrus peel. Add fruit juice, one teaspoon at a time, until glaze is pourable. Pour glaze over cooled cake. If you prefer that your glaze soaks in a bit more, pour glaze over still-warm cake. If you like more of a visible white glaze, use less juice to make glaze thicker.