Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Kraft Kitchens.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 12 cups warm air popped popcorn
- 4 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 40 jet puffed marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 275. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over popcorn in large bowl; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in large saucepan on low heat, stirring frequently. Add marshmallows; cook until completely melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Spread onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp, stirring after 15 minutes. Cool on wax paper.
- Storage: Store this chocolate treat in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
For some reason or other I just couldn't imagine combining popcorn with the chocolate & marshmallows, but believe me, it does make for a GREAT TASTING TREAT! And now I need to make it again so I have some for Dec 25th! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]