Recipe by Lara H
These come from the Eagle Brand Holiday Magic cookbook. I haven't made these yet but am looking forward to adding them to my gift tins this holiday season. I'm also planning to flatten some and dip them in chocolate like york peppermint patties. Cook time listed is time to let set.
Top Review by panoramajen
Sorry, but I thought these were terrible! The texture is all wrong- I found these mints to be too granular. (I think the amount of icing sugar called for is too much.) They were not anything like the creamy party mints I was craving. Bascially this recipe makes two pounds of mint flavoured icing!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- colored crystal sugar, crystals for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together condensed milk and half of the powdered sugar until blended. Add the flavoring and gradually mix in the remainder of the powdered sugar, beating until stiff.
- Roll mixture into 1/2 inch balls and then roll in desired colored sugar. Place on parchment paper and allow to set 8 hours. Store covered at room temperature.