I thought this was an interesting way to have parsnips as an appetizer and also as a great subsitute for potato chips. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (January 1986)
My Private Note
- 1Cut parsnips lengthwise into 1/16-inch slices, using a mandoline or knife (a food processor using the slicing disc will also work well). ***If desired the parsnips can be prepared 4 hours ahead before frying - by dropping parsnip slices into a large bowl, covering the parsnip slices with cold water, draining well before continuing.***.
- 2Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 325 - degrees F.
- 3Add parsnips in batches and fry until limp (30 seconds to 1 minute). Transfer fryed parsnips to paper towels, using a sloted spoon. Continue frying until all parsnips are done.
- 4Heat oil (a second time) to 375-degrees F.
- 5Add parsnips in batches and fry until golden and crisp (2 minutes). Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsnip Chips
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3946.8
- Calories from Fat 3892
- Total Fat 432.5 g
- Saturated Fat 73.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g