1 hr 20 mins
Roman Parparov's Note:
A recipe very popular in southern Russia and Caucasian region. Layer of sea salt absorbs a lot of fat harmlessly making the recipe more healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Separate skin from the body of the chicken.
- 3In a bowl, mix olive oil, oregano, basil and salt.
- 4Rub 3/4 of the mixture between the skin and the meat of the chicken. Rub the rest into the skin.
- 5Put slices of lemon and cloves of garlic into the chicken.
- 6Stuff the bunch of the parsley into chicken's rear, stalk first, press it in firmly so that as much parsley as possible would get inside. You will still have a healthy bunch of leaves outside, that's fine.
- 7Pour the sea salt onto the cooking sheet, spread evenly, like sand on the beach.
- 8Place the chicken on the salt (with the back downwards).
- 9Bake for about one hour or until the skin is nicely crispy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsley-Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.0
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 66729.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 43.0 g