Recipe by Roman Parparov
A recipe very popular in southern Russia and Caucasian region. Layer of sea salt absorbs a lot of fat harmlessly making the recipe more healthy.
- 1 medium chicken
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 slices lemons, thin
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Separate skin from the body of the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, oregano, basil and salt.
- Rub 3/4 of the mixture between the skin and the meat of the chicken. Rub the rest into the skin.
- Put slices of lemon and cloves of garlic into the chicken.
- Stuff the bunch of the parsley into chicken's rear, stalk first, press it in firmly so that as much parsley as possible would get inside. You will still have a healthy bunch of leaves outside, that's fine.
- Pour the sea salt onto the cooking sheet, spread evenly, like sand on the beach.
- Place the chicken on the salt (with the back downwards).
- Bake for about one hour or until the skin is nicely crispy.