Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw Rachael Ray prepare this on her show. It looks delicious.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or grated)
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil to cook the spaghetti.
- Once at a boil, add some salt and the spaghetti, and cook to al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain thoroughly.
- While the water is coming up to a boil for the pasta, make the parsley pesto: Place the garlic and parsley leaves in the bowl of a food processor. Add some salt and pepper, and pulse until roughly chopped.
- With the machine running, pour in 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil (just enough to make a thick, smooth paste).
- Turn the machine off and reserve.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat with 3 T of olive oil.
- Add the pine nuts and toast, stirring every now and then, until very lightly toasted.
- Add the breadcrumbs, stir to combine and toast until the breadcrumbs are golden and the pine nuts are a dark golden color, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pesto to the skillet with the breadcrumbs and cook 2-3 minutes (just enough to cook out the raw garlic taste).
- Add the lemon zest and juice and season with some pepper.
- Add the drained spaghetti and Pecorino cheese to the skillet and toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with the chopped tomatoes.