I saw Rachael Ray prepare this on her show. It looks delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or grated)
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil to cook the spaghetti.
- 2Once at a boil, add some salt and the spaghetti, and cook to al dente, according to package directions.
- 3Drain thoroughly.
- 4While the water is coming up to a boil for the pasta, make the parsley pesto: Place the garlic and parsley leaves in the bowl of a food processor. Add some salt and pepper, and pulse until roughly chopped.
- 5With the machine running, pour in 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil (just enough to make a thick, smooth paste).
- 6Turn the machine off and reserve.
- 7Place a large skillet over medium heat with 3 T of olive oil.
- 8Add the pine nuts and toast, stirring every now and then, until very lightly toasted.
- 9Add the breadcrumbs, stir to combine and toast until the breadcrumbs are golden and the pine nuts are a dark golden color, 2-3 minutes.
- 10Add the pesto to the skillet with the breadcrumbs and cook 2-3 minutes (just enough to cook out the raw garlic taste).
- 11Add the lemon zest and juice and season with some pepper.
- 12Add the drained spaghetti and Pecorino cheese to the skillet and toss to combine.
- 13To serve, transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with the chopped tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsley-Pesto Breadcrumb Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.6
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: