Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Parsley is a palate cleanser, hence no more doggie breath! Well, no guarantees but dogs love parsley, in case you don't know. Just look at what they did to my herb garden - well - that's another story. Parsley is high in vitamins A & C and can aid in digestion. They smell really good when cooking, but they are strictly for Fido or Fifi.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄8 cup dried parsley flakes (you can use fresh but you have to triple up)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce, unsweetened (or you can just puree an apple or pear)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the flour, wheat germ, and parsley.
- Add in the water and applesauce and mix well; add the egg and mix well.
- Knead some of the dough in your hands, then flatten on a work surface until about 1/4-inch thick; use a small biscuit cutter or other cookie cutter to cut neat shapes.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes (bottoms will be just starting to brown), then shut oven off and let rest in oven for 2 hours.
- Will last 3 weeks refrigerated or 4 months frozen.