Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious side dish, perfect for summer when the zukes are coming in! Recipe is from Light and Tasty’s June/July 2005 issue.
- 3 small zucchini (1 lb.)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise, then cut in half crosswise.
- In large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in olive oil over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, salt, and pepper; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with cheese, and serve immediately.
Yunmmy!!!! Made this to go along with Mama's Beef-A-Roni#70781 and what an easy and tasty dish. I did saute some garlic in the oil before addeing the zucchini but otherwise I followed the instructions. Definately a keeper and another tasty way to fix zucchini. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
Excellent! I didn't have a lemon, so I used fresh orange zest. That worked out fine, but I think lemon zest would be better. This was a quick, easy recipe to make for one person or a crowd.
DEEEELISH! I made it with soy parmesan (tastes like the real thing!) and it was sooo yummy. I really had to made a conscious effort not to eat it all up! But at only 39 cal/serving, I wouldn't even feel that guilty if I'd given into temptation.