Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice and easy
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup carrot, bias-sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, snipped
- Steam cauliflower and carrots 10 minutes.
- Halve any large pepper rings; add to steamer and continue to cook for 3 - 5 minutes more or until all vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile melt margarine; stir in nutmeg.
- Transfer vegetables to serving bowl; drizzle with sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cilantro.
This is a very lovely quick and easy side. The only change I made...is that I left out the bell pepper. Unfortunately peppers do not agree with me. The nutmeg lends such a wonderful flavour. Thank you for sharing...will definately be made again.