This is so delicious! My mother-in-law made it for us and I have made it ever since. It came from a magazine--I don't know what one but this is amazingly good! This makes a lot of crumbs. I froze mine in a ziplock and also used it on chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (I use Progresso garlic and herb)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1⁄4 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 4 pork chops, about 1 inch thick (can use bone in or out ones)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Mix in bowl, bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, dried rubbed sage and grated lemon peel.
- Then, on a plate put flour seasoned with salt and pepper; coat chops with flour.
- Dip in egg.
- Then dip in bread crumb mixture.
- Melt butter and olive oil in a oven-proof skillet.
- Brown chops until golden.
- Transfer to oven and bake until meat thermometer says 150 degrees, about 20 minutes.