Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another fun recipe from my homemade cracker collection.
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground mixed peppercorns (red, pink, black, and green)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- In a food processor whirl butter, pepper, flour, and cheese till very fine crumbs form.
- Add egg and whirl till dough holds together, pat dough into a ball.
- Divide dough into 2 halves.
- Pat each portion into a 1/2 inch thick oval and place between 2 sheets of parchment paper12-14 inches wide and 17 inches long.
- Roll each dough piece about 1/16 inch thick.
- Peel top paper off, and set each piece of dough w/ paper beneath it on a 14 by 17 baking sheet.
- Bake 350° till evenly light brown (about 15 min) Turn pan around in oven after 7 minutes to help brown evenly.
- Place pans on cooling racks.
- Carefully peel off bottom paper and break cracker up into whatever size and shape you'd like.
- Can be served warm or cooled.
A terrific little cracker--and a great addition to a buffet table/appetiser spread. Just the right amount of pepper and a great texture!