Recipe by Jenny Sanders
I got this recipe from an advertisement, I believe, in Homemakers' Magazine. Be sure to use Parmigiano-Reggiano. This makes fairly firm "grapes"; use a little more cream to make them softer if you want.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the cream, garlic, nutmeg and pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; stir constantly.
- Discard the garlic after a minute or two.
- Add the cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl to cool.
- When cool, cover and refrigerate until firm, 4 hours to overnight.
- Scoop out with a melonballer.
- Arrange the balls like a bunch of grapes, garnished with a paper or real "grape" leaf.
- Serve at room temperature with slices of baguette, crackers or rusks.