Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for chef #284897, recipe by Tana Ramsay from BBC Food. A simple & delicious side to make when zucchini is plentiful.
- 2 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 cup approx parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and add the courgettes.
- Cook until slightly browned then add the garlic, lemon juice and zest and stir though. Sprinkle over the parmesan and stir to coat the courgettes. Fry until the parmesan crust crisps up.
- Serve with some parsley sprinkled over the top and wedges of lemon if desired.
I really enjoyed this zucchini! Like another reviewer, I've done similar recipes, but without the lemon. Really enjoyed this addition....it seemed to make it taste "fresher". I'll make this again....thanks for sharing! Made for Stars tag.
Went out yesterday and bought all kinds of fresh summer veggies that are now available. Saw this recipe and said to myself "give it a shot". Of course I love fresh veggies in almost any form from raw to well "integrated" into a recipe. This was simple. It let the zucchini shine through. Have done similar recipes, but wihout the lemon. It's a "yummer" and a keeper. Thanks for sharing!
Is and always has been one of my favorite ways to have zucchini. Quick easy and very tasty. Thanks so much for the post.