Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Regular old Parmesean breaded chicken gets a makeover with red pepper and pine nuts. You'll be amazed at the delicious flavor and wonderful texture the nuts add to the breading.
- 236.59 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 44.37 ml pine nuts
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml coarse black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 59.14 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Place first 6 ingredients in food processor, process until nuts are chopped finely. Pour mixture onto a plate.
- Coat chicken in Egg Beaters and dredge in bread crumb mixture
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and finish cooking in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with jarred pesto sauce or heated marinara sauce.
This meal was fantastic. I used boneless thigh fillets pounded to a thickness of about 1/2" instead of breasts with great results. I also sprinkled with Parmesan when I put them into the oven.