Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Another favourite Gujrati, Indian snack.
Top Review by PKG
I love papdi, and it's nice that I can make it at home. With steps 5&6 I think I will have to spend more time on, as my consistency did not come out right--something I need to work on! The flavor is delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 tablespoon oil
- oil, to deep fry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add water, little by little, to make a very soft dough.
- Take a fistful of dough.
- Place on a greased polythene sheet.
- With the base of your palm, drag the dough in a straight line, from the start.
- For support, hold the dough at starting point with the other hand.
- Heat oil in a heavy wide pan.
- Make 3-4 such strips.
- Put in hot oil.
- Fry on medium heat till crisp but not brown.
- Drain excess oil.
- Allow to become crisp.
- Serve with tea/chutney.