Recipe by Tunisia I.E.Al-Salahuddin
This is my Papa Floyd's Holiday Wine That is Fabulous and Delicious"
- 3 gallons grapes (red and white)
- 2 (5 g) packetslalvin yeast, "bourgovin rc-212-inch per 20 liters of fresh juice (0.176 oz)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Other Items Needed.
- 1 large strainer.
- Cheese cloth.
- 8-10 1.5 liter bottles.
- Wooden 2x4 or paddle.
- 3; 5 gallon food grade utility bucket.
- 1) Thoroughly clean and sanitize everything. Wash the grapes thoroughly then pick from the vine and place the grapes in 5 gallon bucket.
- 2) Once you have placed all the grapes in the buckets which should fill up two 5 gallon buckets proceed to mash the grapes. This process may take 30 to 45 minutes.
- 3) After the grapes have been thoroughly smashed drain the liquid from the grapes into the remaining bucket. After you have done that smash the remaining grapes once more until more liquid has come from the grapes and then proceed to drain the remaining grapes. Discard the left over grape skin and pulp.
- 4) With the juice that is in the 5 gallon bucket Add two- 5g packet (0.176 oz) of Lalvin yeast "Bourgovin RC-212. Each packet will be individually wrapped & sealed for freshness. Mix thoroughly making sure the yeast is dissolved into the liquid. Then add 1 cup powered sugar to the liquid and mixing it thoroughly making sure there are no clumps of sugar.
- 5) Seal the bucket with an air tight top and let the juice and yeast ferment for 10 days at room temperature.
- 6) Once fermentation is complete, strain the wine with a cheese cloth into another 5 gallon bucket then bottle with cork (8-10 1.5 liter bottles) and age for up to 3 months or longer for richer/smoother taste.