Recipe by Nyteglori
When my twins were two years old I was working evenings. They loved pasta and cheese and it was easy for my hubby to fix. But by itself it is not too healthy. I devised a series of recipes based on a box (or two) of Shells and Cheese and various cans of food. The shells and cheese called for in these recipes are the kind with the cheese sauce, not the powder kind.
Top Review by Dienia B.
what a good idea very creative ,i made with the box mac and cheese
check the ozs on olives my big can was 6 ozs i used only about 2 tablespoons chopped personal preferance. this would be VERY handy for working moms thank you for posting .dee
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes macaroni shells and cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can olives
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles as directed but do not add cheese yet. While noodles are cooking open cans and layer in bottom of colander. If your family is sensitive to spicy foods put the tomatoes on the bottom.
- Dump noodles on top of other ingredients in colander. By dumping the hot water on top of the other ingredients it heats those ingredients up. Do not rinse.
- Dump all back in noodle pan and add cheese sauce mixing well. Serve immediately.