Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from Martha Stewart. I thought these were going to wind up being a little bland, but they are so tasty! I want to note that the recipe says to bake the Panko for 6-8 minutes, however the first time I did this they turned black and smoked up my kitchen! I am certain my oven was at the recommended temperature (400 degrees) because I have an oven thermometer in there. So, just be sure you use caution and keep a very close eye to avoid burning the life out of your breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes (remember to keep a close eye on them!).
- Transfer breadcrumbs to a shallow dish, then add parmesan and 1/2 teaspoon salt; drizzle with oil and stir to combine.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow dishes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Set a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet; lightly coat rack with cooking spray.
- In batches, coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere.
- Place chicken pieces on rack and bake until cooked through, 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- FOR HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE: Combine 3 tbsp dijon mustard and 2 tbsp each of mayonnaise and honey.
- FOR SPICY KETCHUP: Combine 1/4 ketchup, 3 tbsp spicy chili sauce (Sriracha), and 2 tbsp mayonnaise.