Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is by Giada De Laurentiis. You could also use a George foreman grill if you do not have a panini maker.
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Preheat the panini grill.
- Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil. Grill the bread slices until they begin to turn golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the panini grill and place 2 ounces of cheese on 1 slice of bread (the bottom half), top the cheese with 1/3 cup chocolate chips, and a sprinkle of basil.
- Top with another slice of bread.
- Continue with the remaining sandwiches.
- Return the sandwiches to the panini grill until the chocolate begins to melt, about another 2 minutes.
- Cut the sandwiches into 2-inch wide rectangles or small triangles and transfer to a serving platter.
I absolutely love this sandwich. Its so much better than a regular meat one. My kids also love it . I've been cooking this for about 6 months now..