Recipe by CulinaryQueen
Simple but impressive looking! A cast iron pan is recommended and therefore can be made on the barbecue as well as the stove. A roasting tin can also be used.
- 200 g pancetta, slices (smoked)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 -20 cherry tomatoes (*see note below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange a quarter of the pancetta slices in a row on a cutting board, overlapping them slightly along their long sides.
- Put a chicken breast at one end so that it lies across the slices of pancetta. Top with 3 sage leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the chicken in the pancetta so that it is completely enclosed.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the remaining three chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in the pan for 1-2 minutes until hot, then lay the chicken parcels in the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes, turning occasionally to cook on all sides. The pancetta will become golden and crisp.
- Remove the parcels, lay the tomatoes in the pan and shake to coat in the cooking juices, then heat through for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan, take the pan off the heat and leave the chicken to rest in it for about 10 minutes so it will cut more easily.
- *NOTE: Try to find small tomatoes that are still on the vine. You'll want 4-5 per stem for each serving.