Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Donna Hay recipe from Marie Claire's Fast Food Cookbook. This is so easy, very quick and tastes so very, very good. I usually double or triple recipe for guests and I have found that you can't put fillets too close together or they take too long to cook, so I leave some space between them and have no problems. You can successfully sub prossciutto for the pancetta.
- 12 -14 slices pancetta
- 350 -400 g pork fillets (11-13oz)
- 1 apple, sliced not peeled red looks nicer
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons sage leaves
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C (425 deg F).
- Wrap pancetta around the pork to enclose, place apple slices in a baking dish and top with the fillet, sprinkle with oil, sage and pepper.
- Bake in oven 12-15 minutes or until pork is cooked to your liking.
- Serve sliced thickly on rocket (arugula) salad with garlic mashed potatoes.
A quick, easy, and tasty recipe that looks like it came out of a top restaurant! This is one of our favourites at home (as well as the cookbook!)