Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Italian version of BLT.
- 8 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 8 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup lemon mayonnaise (Lemon Mayonnaise)
- 1 cup oven roasted tomatoes (Oven-Roasted Tomatoes)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves, roughly chopped
- In a small skillet, brown the pancetta over medium heat, stirring occasionally and spooning out the rendered fat as necessary.
- Cook until browned and nearly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with Lemon Mayonnaise and then a sprinkling of browned pancetta.
- Follow with 2 or 3 tomato slices, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Top with small handfuls of chopped arugula before covering with the remaining slices of bread.
- Before serving, use a serrated knife to remove the crusts and cut the sandwiches into triangles.