Recipe by Nif
Impress your friends with this wonderful dish. It's delicious and gourmet, but in an easy way. Serve this with your favourite potato dish. Enjoy!
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
Made this with a lamb shoulder streak. I cut back on the spices to 1/2 as I was only cooking for 2 of us. They came out really nice but because I forgot to buy chicken stock I used a cube and it was way to salty. Lucky for me I had placed it in a bowl so I didnt ruin the meat. Thank you for posting. Made for World tour 8
- 1 1⁄3 lbs lamb medallions or 1 1⁄3 lbs lamb steaks, visible fat trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lamb in a bowl. Mix all other ingredients together except salt, olive oil, stock and butter. Massage the lamb and marinate at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil and butter. When it just starts to smoke a little, sear lamb for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Baste continuously with pan oil and butter when searing. Set lamb aside and drain oil.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock to make pan jus. Pour jus over lamb when serving.