Recipe by TexasKelly
This is very easy and very tasty. I am sure I am not the first to make it like this, but I came up with this recipe one night when my husband and I were in the mood for portabellas. You can use real butter instead of the cooking spray, but it just cuts down on calories. If I was in the mood for something fattening and really, truly juicy, I would use the butter.
Top Review by jaybee chef
I have come up with a similar recipe. The garlic is a must, but being lazy I use minced refrigerator garlic and I saute in roasted garlic olive oil, season with a teaspoon or so of dried oregano, and finish with a small splash of balsamic vinegar. Sometimes I steam vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, zucchini or summer squash) and toss those in too.
- 2 whole portabella mushrooms
- butter flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or very finely chopped
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a cooking pan with cooking spray.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for a couple minutes Either cut the portabellas into slices, or leave them whole.
- When I did it, I cut them into slices.
- Sprinkle portabellas with salt and pepper and sauté a couple minutes on each side over medium heat, until they have softened.
- If the heat is too high, they will burn a little.
- I burnt mine, but they still tasted good.