Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Simple and good, what more could you ask for?
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Put butter and oil in a saute pan, turn on the heat to medium high. When butter is melted and begins to brown put in chicken skin side down.
- Brown both sides of the chicken and then add the garlic and rosemary.
- Cook until garlic begins to color, add salt, pepper and the wine.
- Let simmer for 30 seconds then lower heat to cook at a slow simmer.
- Partially cover pan.
- Cook until the meat begins to pull away from the bone.
- Transfer chicken to a warm serving platter.
- Remove garlic from the pan.
- Turn heat to high and boil while loosening the cooking residue. Pour pan juices over the chicken and serve.