Recipe by CandyTX
This is one of Tom's special meals that he makes when we are having company (or when I bug him enough, I LOVE salmon)... it makes a beautiful dish and it absolutely wonderful! This is from another recipe and he's adjusted the ingredients a bit to our tastes, it's easy to play around with, so feel free!
Top Review by traceyedwards311
This was delicious! Even my husband, who is not a salmon lover, complimented me AND ate it all! I made it according to the directions except I added the juice of 1 lemon (not sure how many TB this is, but it was just right) and an extra TB of butter. So yummy! This meal will be added to my regular rotation!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons capers
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and lemon juice to a boil in medium-sized skillet.
- Stir in chicken bouillon granules.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and place salmon fillets in pan.
- Cover and simmer over low heat, 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part; or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Remove salmon from pan; keep salmon warm.
- Boil remaining liquid in the skillet until it is reduced to approximately 1/4 cup.
- Whisk in butter and stir in capers.
- Spoon sauce over fish.
- Season with pepper and sprinkle with parsley.