Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Cooking Light, Jan/Feb 2010. I like this recipe because it's pan grilled, and that's a good year-round option for those of us in the Pacific Northwest in which our typical weather patterns tend to limit our outdoor grilling season.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- cooking spray
- 4 halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Combine the cilantro, basil, shallots, olive oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a grill pan or heavy-duty skillet on medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over fish. Place fish in heated pan and cook 4 minutes each side, or to desired level.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce spooned over fillets.