Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes
- 3 dozen small fresh oysters, shucked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground saltine crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Drain oysters; blot oysters dry on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Place flour and cracker crumbs on separate sheets of waxed paper.
- Lightly coat oysters in flour; shake off the excess; dip into egg, then in crumbs, pressing crumbs to adhere.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over med-high heat until butter is melted.
- Add 1/3 of the oysters; saute 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn oysters and saute another 2 minutes.
- Remove to a baking sheet lined with paper towels; keep warm in low oven.
- Wipe skillet clean; fry remaining oysters in 2 batches; serve warm.
Very good and easy to make...family all loved them.
Wonderful receipe. Simple and delicious. Would not change a thing.
This is an excellent recipe. No salt is needed because of the crackers. I also use olive oil instead of butter and oil. Both are excellent. Thanks for posting. This one is in my head and I use quite often.