Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This can be done with pork tenderloin also, just cook 6 or 8 minutes, or until cooked through, when returning fillets to pan with sauce. Delicious either way. from Cooking Light
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed,1 inch thick
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground ginger
- Sprinkle salt in a large cast iron frypan over medium high heat.
- Add steaks, Sear/saute for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan.
- Add garlic, saute 10 seconds.
- Add Sherry, cook for 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Return steaks to pan, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place steaks on individual plates.
- Remove pan from heat, and stir in butter and ginger until blended.
- Divide sauce evenly over steaks.
This was a nice and easy recipe. I didn't use a cast iron skillet, but I don't know if that mattered. I also didn't use fillet mignon but I will the next time! My meat was tough. It was a very tasty recipe. Thanks!