Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had these at my niece's house last week and they were delicious. I am definitely planning on making them. I'm sure you could substitute any veggie you like but this was a great combination.
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (as much or as little to your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cut asparagus, zucchini and red pepper into pieces or chunks.
- Leave the tomatoes whole.
- Place in a small roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt or sea salt.
- Combine oil, garlic and basil and drizzle over vegetables.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes or until asparagus is cooked.
- If you can't find grape tomatoes, just use an extra pint of the cherry tomatoes.
This recipe sounded fantastic, but unfortunately did not live up to my expectations. The veggies were okay, but the tomatoes were very overdone by the time I pulled them out. I think next time I would add more olive oil, and perhaps some water towards the end of baking to avoid the veggies from drying out.