Recipe by Chef by Chance
This is for a 2 crust pie and is good for deep pie plates. I used the cooking time for the refrigerated time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 5 -7 tablespoons ice cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt, mixing well.
- Cut in the shortening and butter until the crumbles are the pea size.
- Sprinkle 1 tbps water over the flour mixture and gently mix with a fork. Continue adding tablespoons of water until moist enough to form a ball-do not over work the dough or it will get tough.
- Form the dough into 2 balls and flatten to 1/2" thickness. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.