Recipe by Packer Backer Pammy
This is my version but my ex-mother-in-law used to make Green Beans and Eggs. I thought it looked awful and was afraid to taste it...finally did and was surprised. My hubby (High School Sweetheart, current hubby, 2nd and last hubby! lol!) is very, very, very fussy and HE actually likes this for a veggie. He gave it 4 stars! (Surprise! He doesn't like veggies!) I like onions, hubby doesn't so I only use this small amount. If you like onion, maybe use more and bigger. It's nice for something different. I am only cooking for 2 now...thus the small amount.
- 1 (8 ounce) can French style green beans
- 1⁄2 slice thick bacon
- 1 tablespoon onion, cut very fine
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a fry pan with cooking spray.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut bacon into 1/8 inch slices and place in pan.
- Add onion to pan.
- Cook over medium heat until bacon is done, not crisp.
- Drain Green Beans.
- Add Green Beans and beaten egg.
- Cook until egg is done, kinda scrambled looking.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.