Recipe by Laura Lee in Texas
My Best Friend Pam gave me her chili recipe a couple of years ago and I have never looked back. When you read the recipe you will see why she calls it her 1,2,3,4 chili. I am real big on fresh ingredients but if you try this you will never chop an onion for chili again. It is so easy and good. You should give it a try.
- 1 packet of wick fowler 2 alarm chili seasoning mix
- 2 lbs ground beef (I use a 1 lb tube of Jimmy Dean or Owens sausage and 1 lb ground sirloin)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 4 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meats and drain.
- Open the seasoning packet and throw away the packet of salt and masa.
- The tomato sauce has lots of salt already.
- Add all other seasoning packets to the browned meat except the cayenne pepper.
- Add the cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Drain and rinse beans in a colander then add to pot.
- Simmer for at least an hour.