Recipe by Potagekempcc
Pacific Rim's Waldorf Salad is a fusion of flavors from the Western Hemisphere. Rice Vinegar and Maple Syrup enhance flavor.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
WOW! Loved this salad. It worked great for the two of us with a bit left over. I have another Asian pear left from Bountiful Baskets (also used celery, Fuji apple, and coconut from BB) so will make again very soon.
- 1⁄3 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dark amber maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 cup celery (Medium Diced)
- 2⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1 fresh lemon (Cut Quarters)
- 4 cups fuji apples (Medium Diced)
- 2 Asian pears (Medium Diced)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2⁄3 cup macadamia nuts (Chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (Chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine mayonnaise, maple surup, seasoned rice vinegar, sea salt and white pepper. Wisk dressing until smooth and chill.
- Place apples and pears into lemon water.
- Heat a small saute pan add butter, coconut, macadamia nuts and toast until golden brown.
- Add celery, raisins, apples, pears, coconut, nuts to salad and toss well. Fold in salad dressing. Season to taste with fine salt and white pepper.
- Chill salad for 30 minutes.
- Place salad on a chilled plates and serve.
- Garnish with Fresh Chopped Cilantro.