Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The Oceanian people couldn't have come up with a better dish than this Pacific Island Fish Salad, specially when it comes to culinary creativity. Posted for ZWT7.
- Cut the fish into 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes and put into a bowl. Stir well.
- Then cover with lemon juice, cover with foil and leave for at least two hours. After this time the fish should look like poached.
- Put in a strainer. Keep only 1/4 cup of the juice.
- Chop the onion finely, grate the carrot, partly peel the cucumber and cut into small cubes, slice the capsicum, shred the cabbage and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Just before serving combine the fish with the vegetables and toss in coconut milk.