Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I don't know where Mom got this recipe but it was another favorite growing up in Lancaster County, PA.
- 709.77 ml raw carrots, grated
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 14.79 ml honey
- Blend together mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, yogurt and honey.
- Pour dressing over carrots and raisins and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
What a simple and tasty salad! I love carrots and raisins both and the combination makes for a wonderful salad. I enjoyed the tartness of the dressing from the lemons and think it further enhanced a delicious salad/side dish. Made for ZWT4.
This is a great fresh tasting carrot salad with a light tasting dressing. I liked the addition of the little bit of honey to counteract the tartness of the lemon juice and yogurt. I really liked the lemon flavour here. Made for ZWT 4
Yummy. I am of a PA Dutch background and I love carrot salad so I had to give this a try. I used far free mayo to go with the nonfat yogurt and it worked well and tasted really good. Made for ZWT4.