Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great for dinner or cocktail parties. They go down great and leave you a little buzzed. I recommend serving these as an opener!
- 12 freshly shucked raw oysters
- 12 ounces citrus-infused vodka, ice cold
- 1 dash your favorite hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- Place one oyster with it's "juice" or "liquor" in the bottom of each chilled martini or shot glass.
- Pour in 1oz citrus vodka, hot sauce and lemon juice into each oyster filled glass.
- Drink as a shot, allowing the oyster to slide down your throat.
- Time does not reflect the time it takes to chill vodka or glasses in the freezer. That will take about an hour.
We all thought these were delicious (my Dad, Husband and I)! The addition of the citrus vodka really made a big difference in the taste of one of my favorite appetizers! I did use more than 1 dash of hot sauce because I love them spicy. I used Tabasco Green Pepper, Tabasco Chipotle, and Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce. We are going to have these really often!