Recipe by mollypaul
A savory little bite from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer oysters in their own liquor until the edges curl.
- Drain and chop finely.
- Cook sausage meat, stirring while cooking.
- Combine chopped oysters, fried sausage meat and half the beaten eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper and shape into balls.
- Dip balls into remaining egg and roll in cracker crumbs.
- Fry in deep hot fat (380F) until golden brown.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and dill pickle.