Recipe by nochlo
A good start to the day!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Thank you so much for a blast from the past nochlo. I use to make these for my son, when he was little. It was the only way I could get him to eat eggs. This is a great recipe, quick and easy to make, with ingredients always found in the kitchen. The bread was nicely grilled with a lovely runny egg. It was scrumptious. I will be enjoying this again, when my granddaughter comes for our next sleepover. I'll have to ask her daddy if he has made these for her yet. I used a nice bread and extra large eggs. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat skillet on medium and add in 1T. butter.
- Meanwhile, tear a small whole out of the middle of the bread, about the size of a half dollar or a bit smaller.
- Butter one side of the slices of bread with the remainder of the butter.
- apply the bread to the skillet butter side up, then crack the eggs and apply in the middle of the bread, one per piece of bread.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and turn and do the same for 2-3 minutes, Yolks should be runny.