Recipe by laursy
These are the most mouth watering ribs that I have ever eaten. We always double up on the recipe because everyone wants seconds or thirds.
- 2 -3 lbs pork ribs
- 3 stalks chopped celery, large pieces
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry English-style mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut approximately 2-3 lbs spare ribs into serving pieces and wash and place in large roasting pan. They are better not too crowded.
- Sprinkle over EACH layer a mixture of the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix together catsup, cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and enough water to just cover the ribs.
- This is to be spooned over the ribs occasionally as it thickens until well browned.
- Bake 2 1/2 hours in 375F oven. I prefer to make the ribs a day ahead and chill them in the pan - take off fat and reheat.
- Save leftover sauce and freeze to use with pork chops later. I usually double the batch of sauce so that I will have plenty left.
- Serve with baked potatoes and Dill Pickle Salad (Recipe #130033).