Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was an inspired recipe! I just put together some things I knew would taste delicious and they did! I LOVE this dish and will keep it in my arsenal of favourites. It's a good idea to make the tomatoes and spinach beforehand so you have all your ingredients at the ready.
- 1 cup penne pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped oven roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup cooked spinach (3 Cups uncooked)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- To make the roasted tomatoes, slice small tomatoes and place in a single layer on a non stick baking sheet. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper and dried basil. Bake in a 175 degree oven for 90 minutes, until shriveled. Set aside.
- To make spinach add butter and oil in a small saute pan, and add garlic. Lightly saute garlic and add raw spinach, cook for a few minutes tossing with tongs, until wilted. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water, drain but do not rinse.
- In the same pot you used for your pasta, melt 2 tbsp butter, add tomatoes and spinach, add Pasta back in pot and then add parmesan cheese. Toss all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.