Ever make to much bacon at breakfast? Here is a great way to use it up at dinnertime. This is such a simple, but hardy side dish. Works great with BBQ or grilled meals! And if you do potluck, you will be a hit, I promise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -7 medium potatoes, washed and cubed
- 5 -6 tablespoons unsalted butter (Smart Balance works great, with or without Olive Oil)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, coarse
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (add a little cayenne if you want some heat)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sharp (more if you like it cheesy)
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing, I use hidden valley
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2While preparing potatoes add butter to a 9x13 dish and stick in the preheating oven to melt.
- 3Remove melted butter, add salt & pepper and stir well. Add potates and toss to coat.
- 4Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stiring every 10 min to get a crispy outside and super tender inside.
- 5Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese, top with crumbled bacon. Drizzle with dressing from one corner to the opposite corner diagonally in a zig-zag pattern.
- 6Return to the oven until the cheese is melted. Careful not to leave to long as to dry out the dressing.
- 7Enjoy! ;-D J.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Potato Goodness
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 1288.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g