Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ever make to much bacon at breakfast? Here is a great way to use it up at dinnertime. This is such a simple, but hardy side dish. Works great with BBQ or grilled meals! And if you do potluck, you will be a hit, I promise!
- 6 -7 medium potatoes, washed and cubed
- 5 -6 tablespoons unsalted butter (Smart Balance works great, with or without Olive Oil)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (add a little cayenne if you want some heat)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sharp (more if you like it cheesy)
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing, I use hidden valley
- Preheat oven to 425.
- While preparing potatoes add butter to a 9x13 dish and stick in the preheating oven to melt.
- Remove melted butter, add salt & pepper and stir well. Add potates and toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stiring every 10 min to get a crispy outside and super tender inside.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese, top with crumbled bacon. Drizzle with dressing from one corner to the opposite corner diagonally in a zig-zag pattern.
- Return to the oven until the cheese is melted. Careful not to leave to long as to dry out the dressing.
- Enjoy! ;-D J.