8 hrs 45 mins
Plan ahead the chicken needs to marinade for 8 hours. Use two smaller-size fryers for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients; remove half of the mixture, cover and refrigerate.
- 2Cut both chickens in half; sprinkle with black pepper.
- 3Place the chicken halves in a extra large heavy zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining half of the teriyaki mixture over the chicken.
- 4Seal the bag, turn to coat the chicken with marinade, refrigerate for 8 hours, turning the chicken occasionally to evenly coat with the marinade.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- 6Place the chicken halves skin side up on a 15 x 10-inch foil-lined baking sheet.
- 7Set oven to 450 degrees.
- 8Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- 9Brush with reserved teriyaki mixture about 8 minutes before the end of cooking.
- 10If there is any remaining teriyaki mixture then brush on after cooking also.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Roasted Glazed Chicken Halves
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.3
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 1119.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 52.0 g