- 4 heads garlic, stem end trimmed by 1/2 inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tblsp. chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup water
- French bread, accompaniment
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rub the garlic with olive oil and place the heads, cut-side up, in a small saute pan or baking dish that's just large enough to hold the garlic comfortably.
- Season the garlic with the salt and pepper and add the stock to the saute pan. Place the saute pan in the oven and roast about 30 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown on top and the cloves can be easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife. Remove the saute pan from the oven and allow the garlic to cool. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skins. Serve with slices of french bread and garnish with chopped parsley.