- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer a 9x13 dish (sprayed with cooking spray) in the following order.
- Uncooked macaroni.
- Cheddar Cheese.
- Mozzarella Cheese.
- Pour milk over the top layer
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, for one hour.
- Note: Cover with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking if you see it getting too brown and crusty.
- Variation: Use any cheeses you have handy to give a different flavor.