Prep 35 mins
Cook 50 mins
Better flavor than regular french fries with a lot less fat! Note: prep time includes 30 minutes that potatoes sit in cold water while you watch television.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel potatoes & cut lengthwise into 6-8 wedges each.
- Place wedges in bowl and cover with cold water. Let stand 30 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- Place potatoes and oil large ziploc bag & toss to coat evenly.
- Place potatoes on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper and oregano.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with malt vinegar then seasoning salt.
These are better than french fries! I served them with ketchup, as I didn't have any malt vinegar. I used regular black pepper. The pepper/oregano combination is perfect. They crisp-up really well. My only complaint is that it doesn't make enough!